Screwfix are the business

Credit when credit is due.

Finally found the time to install the (pre-assembled) consumer unit that I bought from them a couple of months ago. The four light circuit RCDs were all faulty for some reason.

Phoned them today at 18:00, phoned answered after 3 seconds. Since it was a pre-assembled unit they suggested that they would send a replacement immediately. I could then "butcher" it to extract the parts required to replace the faulty ones, put it back together with the faulty parts, and they will come to pick it up. All at their expense. Oh, and the word "sorry" was mentioned at least 10 times during the conversation... What can I say... Even the phone call was free...

I have spent 000's of £ online in the last 5-6 years and, in my experience, their customer service has always been miles ahead of everybody else's. Amazon are still pretty good, but have long joined the rip-off "0870" scam (why should they make 8p/min profit on a call that is the result of their fault is beyond me).

Reply to
NotMe

In article , NotMe writes

Yes bloody Barclays are at that now poxy rip off merchants. Pity there wasn't a bit more real competition in the finance world:((.

And yes, FWIW, screwfix fixed it for me as well:))

Reply to
tony sayer

I posted this very useful link here a while ago - but if you didn't see it:

contains look-up lists of geographical "equivalents" of 0870 numbers)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I will go along with screwfix having good customer service. All but one order was resolved quickly. Maybe other online companies should follow suit.

Reply to
Oliver