Screw finders?

For my birthday, my wife has bought me a huge set of drill accessories... bits, drivers, hole saws, etc. However, I am puzzled as to what the set of four 'screw finders' are. Each seems to be the same size... a hollow cone-shaped plastic tube about an inch and a half long. What are they for??

Reply to
Sloper

are they spring loaded with a screw bit inside? If so you press them onto the screw head and the cone guides the bit into the slot

Reply to
mrcheerful

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 22:36:15 +0000, Sloper strung together this:

They're for sticking in a box somewhere and not bothering with for years, and then trying to get them to do something then never touching them again.

Reply to
Lurch

Google is your friend....

search "screw finder" including the speech marks and all will be revealled!!

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Perhaps your good lady wife has the answer

Reply to
Sheila

Just done that John. Hmm.. I have a tiny bit more of an idea now... they seem to be for use with slotted screws, which I never use if I can help it. I'll take Lurch's advice I think ;) Thanks all.

Reply to
Sloper

Heh ;)

Reply to
Sloper

is your even better friend.

Contrary to the name, the full-page form is much easier to use than the single-line entry, because you can see exactly what you're doing.

(or so I find; ymmv)

Reply to
Ian White

Reply to