satellite

or
and

lots more they do not list, all from the sat your dish is presently aimed at. My receiver includes multi dish/ LNB and steerable dish capability, but I have only used it on the old Sky dish.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I'm not Bob, I'm just on the scrounge :-) I live in Kingsley, near Cheadle, Staffordshire. If Bob doesn't want the Topfield I can provide it with a good home.

Another Dave

-- Change nospam to f2s in e-mail

Reply to
Another Dave

Form a queue!

Jeweller

But don't buy a quattro by mistake.

A quad LNB has four connections that can output any desired hi/lo band vert/horiz combination controlled by the receiver.

A quattro LNB has four connections each dedicated to a particular lo/hi band, vert/horiz combination.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

live too far away to take advantage of the very kind offer,but applaud the genorosity,kind regards

Reply to
bob

The Bush FreeSat box from Argos

HD and is less than £60.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

My children were very emotional when we dumped Sky 12 months ago....but after a few weeks it sll subsided. There's more than enough on Freesat to keep them happy.

The one channel I wish Freesat did have is DAVE .....but I can watch that on Freeview anyhow....just not record it.

Reply to
Vortex4

In message , Vortex4 writes

Re. Freesat

We used to have cable TV when we lived in Leeds, when we moved (getting

5 years ago) we just had terrestrial TV in the house. We didn't bother to get satellite, we didn't even bother with Freeview as the reception from the aerial wasn't really good enough.

TBH none of us really missed it that much. Our oldest - then about 4 1/2 didn't even think about watching TV for some months (it was in the sitting room and she never went in there that much in the daytime).

We do now have Freeview in one room, but we don't really watch as broadcast TV that much anymore - we are much more likely to watch recorded/downloaded stuff or iPlayer (now we can watch it on the TV) The youngest especially prefer this as a source really. Though they do like to watch the caroons on Sky at their Nan and Grandads

Reply to
chris French

OK folks, so I have a Topfield TF5010PVR in good working order available for collection in North Staffordshire. All I require is an assurance that you will not sell the item on. I will of course rely on your honesty in this, as I have no way to enforce it. If you are interested you can contact me on this email address: snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com replace narrow with broad I will give more information, if required to any applicants. How I will decide who gets it I don't know, perhaps he or she who grovels the most! ;-))

Reply to
Broadback