Sat Dish Move Update ... cheers!

Ref: thread

decided that I would stump up the 40 quid. Bloke was due round on Saturday to do the move, I phoned him AM and he said he would be there shortly but never turned up.

So on Sunday, with conservatory frames arriving today, I decided to move it and live without telly if need be (wasn't sure if I could handle this but I gritted my teeth...).

Physical dish move was easy (if handling a sat dish on a ladder one handed can be construed so, drilling sleeve anchor holes was fun too) and just guessed where the dish was pointing from the angle of the stones in the wall before and after the move without moving the arm assy.

After a bit of fiddling I got a lock and then used the signal strength/quality indicators to maximize both.

Unfortunately I was on my own in the house and could not get a portable into a viewable position so a lot off upping and downing ladders was done.

Got a buzz from the by touching F-connector outlet plate and radiator at the same time ... took me a moment to realize what it was!

Thanks to all who saved me £40!

Alex.

Reply to
AlexW

I didn't move mine - but it came unaligned as the local youth thought it neccessary to throw a brick at it. It wasn't too hard - luckily the dish is above a window through which the TV can be seen - I just had to adjust a little at a time and step down a few rungs to see the results!

I think the best advice to anyone doing it by using the indicators on the Sky box is that you have to remember it takes a few seconds to update - so make small movements and wait for the display to update before moving it again.

Reply to
Richard Conway