Combi Boiler-Query

We are buying a new flat which is fitted with a Combi Boiler.I understand that hot water is always available by turning on the tap so the boiler must be able to be turned on automatically. I understand that they are fitted with timer. How is this used?.It appears to be redundant as the boiler is switched on by a tap. Can anyone explain please. Blair

Reply to
Blair

Presumably you don't want to turn your central heating on and off using a tap.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Take the point.So that is all it is used for? Blair

Reply to
Blair

Yep!

Reply to
Lobster

Especially if its a new flat they certainly should supply you with at least the user instructions for the boiler. Insist on it.

Reply to
OldBill

Good advice! But it still leaves me puzzled- why would they fit a timer device? Just to switch it off? Blair

Reply to
Blair

The timer is used on the central heating side of the boiler, so the house is nice and warm when you come home in the winter time. The Domestic Hot Water is always supplied on demand from the taps, but the heating circuit needs something to tell it to come on and go off so you don't wake up to a cold house on a winters morning.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks for your explanation! All understood Blair

Reply to
Blair

Thanks for your help. Makes me feel rather foolish that I didn't think of this myself! Blair

Reply to
Blair