Sarna roofing membrane query

Hi all-----again. I am in the process of building an extension-it has a pyramid roof 6mx6m with a 2 foot [ooops betraying my imperial age again]parapet around. The architect has specified SARNA roofing membrane for the parapet flat section. Can I light up my roofing torch and get stuck in or is it welded. I am not in the slightest interested in 25 year guarantees as we all know roofing companies here today--gone next week. I put on the last bitumen flat roof its still watertight 10 years later. Fibreglass appeals but are my options limited to the submitted planned Sarna--building control queried its application.

Reply to
tom patton

Sarnafil is a very high quality single-ply PVC membrane, usually installed by a manufacturer's approved contractor. Put your propane torch away! - the stuff is indeed welded using a hot-air gun.

Andy Wade