Sand blasting stone?

Has anyone any comments on this sort of thing?

'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle gunned and wire brushed but this hasn't got rid of the last of the (old) paint or newer rendering in some places. It's mainly "spot" treatment. I've also got a couple of oak beams to tidy up but it looks like chemical stripping is the approved way to go rather than blasting. I recognise that this will be a horribly dusty job. I do a bit of metal work so I thought it might come in handy. I already have a 6 CFM compressor.

thanks....

Reply to
Newshound

not recommended. Ask:

meow2222

In message , Newshound writes

CURRENTLY COMES WITH FREE STUNT KITE

that's useful. They don't all have one of those.

Reply to
Bill

> I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle

IME sand blasting needs a huge power source. I only have experience of wet sand blasting using a pressure washer. They only 'just' work with a Honda

13hp beast of a machine.

Might be useful as a spotting machine.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

>>> I'm leaving a stone wall in my kitchen exposed, it's been needle

Yeah, that's rather my feeling......

Brandon hire do a "pro" type dry sandblaster complete with cyberman outfit, but claim it needs 200 cfm and their compressors only go up to 15!

Reply to
Newshound