safety Notice?

I've just had delivery of a brand new light fitting - bought off ebay.

On the front of the enclosed leaflet is the following:

"when electrification situation don't switch button"

any good interpretere here?

Reply to
charles

Disconnect before fitting ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Don't turn it on whilst fitting?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

This one had me all confused, a gas strut from an eBay seller.

When ye have such manual, it's either

#1 Perfect but has slight relation to the product, #2 Perfect has a relation to a competitor's product, #3 Perfect but is a completely different product, #4 Somewhat off piste, ' ' #100 Hamlet as typed by infinite number of monkeys less one.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I have to say, that although the text is pretty incomprehensible, the clear diagram is far better at getting the essentials over than the combined text and diagrams for struts I fitted to a kitchen cupboard last year!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Go by steam train ?

Reply to
Andrew

Turn off at the mains before installation? Does it have a rug terminal? You need to earth that...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

don't turn on once connected to the electrical supply :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

only 2 hole connector with snap down locking. Holes quite small, I had to make 3/.029 into 2/.029 - no metal parts

Reply to
charles

Looks like don't turn on if house electrics are currently affected by a bolt of lightning or power surges, or if ye have wet hands, or ye suspect it's been made poorly and the manufacturers are trying to cover their ass ;-)

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Or this device is for decoration use only, never switch it on? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Do not use toilet while train is in the station? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Always turn off at the breaker before flipping the light switch.

Theo

Reply to
Theo