RS packaging.

Ordered up a variety of Panasonic FM electrolytic caps from RS at the same time. All low volts so small. Total value under the free P&P.

The whole lot fits easily in an A5 jiffy bag.

Came in three lots.

Each cap (or pairs, etc) came in a sealed plastic bag with part number on it. Then a large paper bag. Three separate parcels, all delivered together by DHL. One a cardboard box about half the size of a shoe box. A second cardboard box the size of a book. The third parcel an A4 jiffy bag I had to rip apart to find the tiny contents - just about chucked it out as empty.

No wonder I had to pay for packing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Much the same as Farnell/CPC

I have come to the conclusion that the staff at the warehouse are having a competition to see who can the smallest of items in the largest of packing.

Reply to
alan_m

1+

It's a real nuisance as someone has to be around to receive something which would easily fit through the letter box.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Same with RS internal lorry/van distribution "delivery to counter" to personally collect, same massive jiffys and printed sticky labelling each with invoice pocket, just no postage.

Reply to
N_Cook