Roof Ventilation

Hi

I have been asked to insulate the roof space in the top half of a two storey garage. Insulation & plasterboard no problem, but should I ensure the soffit allows airflow?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Plasterboard in the roof space?

Yep. A warm wet car can generate warm water vapour and create condensation on the underside of the roof. The air flow gets rid of the water vapour.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Agree: Very important to ventilate any roof/attic space. Soffit vents with airflow up and over the ridge etc. should do the job.

Reply to
Terry

Sorry, should have made that clear - it's going to have a floor installed and be used as a store room. Plasterboard is for fire retardency.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman