Roof to gutter overhang formula

I'm replacing my crappy plastic car port pitched roof with PVC covered steel box section but am unsure what the correct overhang (ie horizontal overlap) distance above a gutter should be (to stop run-off overshooting the gutter)? The roof is about 25 degrees and about 4 metres wide.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
mitch...

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Ha! I got overshoot with a 12.5 degree slope and a 6" gutter!

The problem seemed to be caused by droplets gathering on the shallow slope and then being collected into a fast moving spurt!

Luckily I had access to lengths of L shaped galvanised steel. Painted to match the roof and fixed to direct the spurts into the gutter.

Why not do a test? Loose fix a length of roof, apply water and see what happens. You could use 6" gutter if 4" gives problems.

Reply to
Tim Lamb