Roof timbers for shallow pitch flat roof

Can someone give me some guidance on what timber size I should use for a felt roof with the following measurements :- Span - 2.5m Length - 4m Angle - nominally 10 degrees Covering - Sterling board and felt + insulation.

I'm assuming 600mm between centres.

Many thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Total guess but I'd use 6x3..or bigger

4x2 seems to sag under its own weight at that sort of span..
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Assuming access for maintenance only, and assuming you're at less than

100m above sea level:

At 600mm C/C: 38mm x 147mm C16, 63mm x 122mm C16, or 47mm x 122mm C24.

At 400mm C/C, 47mm x 122mm C16's will span 2.48m.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula