Roof Repairs

Hi,

Last night I saw Rogue Traders about dodgy roofers. Which reminded me that I had to start looking for someone to fix some torn felt in the roof space and lay down thicker insulation.

Would anyone have an idea of how much approximately it would cost for such a job to be done? My house is semi-detached with concrete slate tiles, and as mentioned felt which is torn in several places.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards Mark

Reply to
Stattman

| Hi, | | Last night I saw Rogue Traders about dodgy roofers. Which reminded me | that I had to start looking for someone to fix some torn felt in the | roof space and lay down thicker insulation. |

Does the roof leak? If not just tuck the felt back into place.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Is anything coming in through the holes in the felt? If not, why worry about it? As for insulation it's a job pretty much anyone can do with a bit of care - why pay someone else to do it?

Reply to
Rob Morley

Hi,

Ive been checking and there didnt seem to be rain coming through, although I really need to do a more throrough check.

There's currently some old loose fill insulation up there, and wasnt sure if it should be removed (i.e. hoovered up), or just lay some insulation on top of it. I suppose I could get the DIY manual out to see what's needed to do it :-)...

Regards Mark

Reply to
Stattman

If you're serious about it, then why not put together a post to this NG detailing what you currently have and asking for advice about what you need and how you should go about fitting it. That's what the group is here for :)

Reply to
Richard Conway

Mark, are these tears 'V' shaped by any chance? Perhaps where vents have been put in the roof? Just a thought.

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh