Roof and bees

I have a recently built extension and have seen bees getting between the sarking membrane and the Marley concrete roof tiles. I am concerned they may find their way through an overlap and get into the void.
The main house has a black plastic comb like strip to prevent insect access.
I am wondering if I should try sliding the bottom row of tiles up and fitting some. Should the tiles normally just slide up? What is the strip called? Any alternatives without disturbing the tiles - or are they easy to move without damage?

Masonry bees which do the damage are solitary insects, and so presumably these are honey bees. Which do no structural damage to buildings.
http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/ent/notes/Urban/bees-faq.htm
Clearly they've already got in somewhere, and even if you succeed in evicting or destroying this lot, unless you're a lot more patient and relentless than your average insect in closing up any gaps, its possible something else more a bit more harmful may move in.
In any case honey bees are beneficial insects which pollinate many food crops, fruit etc. And in the opinion of many people at least, they're under enough pressure as it is.
michael adams

+1
email.me:

Could they be just doing a reconaisance? I have only seen a max of 3 at a time.

according to the link,
2. When did they move in? Honey bees reproduce by swarming where part of the old colony leaves to seek a new homesite. Swarming occurs mostly during the months of April and May.
If you notice bees in your house at another time of year, especially summer, chances are great that they have been there since spring and you have just now noticed them.
Now while its a US based website I'd imagine the months and the seasons are roughly equivalent. And that basically they wouldn't be looking for a nest site this late in the year. Unless their existing nest had been destroyed anyway.
It's also pointed out (3) that if their existing exits are blocked they may start looking for an exit that leads down into the house. Maybe the sort of gap that only an insect would even think of looking for
michael adams

How do you know they're bees and not wasps? If they are bees, it could be a swarm recently arrived and setting up a new colony. They won't actually do any harm, but many people are nervous of them and imagine they naturally aggressive and go around stinging people just for the hell of it. If they're wasps, they'll be gone by late October.
Contact your local beekeeping organisation for advice. Find it here http://tinyurl.com/bnhpnys
--

Chris

We've got a couple of Bee's nests here at the moment, one honey and one bumblebee and they keep themselves to themselves and so do we and no problems at all.
There're out there pollinating which we really need now;)..
--
Tony Sayer

between the

they

insect

and

strip

easy to

They are probably tree bumblebees (nimbus hypnorum).
--
Reentrant

Damned autocorrect That's bombus hypnorum.
--
Reentrant

On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 4:28:09 PM UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:

You should be able to push the second row of tiles up as the first row shou ld be nailed. The item you refer to is called a "comb filler" it's nailed t o the top edge of the fascia on top of the underlay felt with the combs out wards. When the first row of tiles are relayed the comb are pushed outwards not inwards. Position the tile on top of the comb and slide the tile downw ards as to push the comb outward.