Roof Access Frustration!

I think if it was me, this is an occasion where I'd be calling in the pros!

Apart from anything else, surely by the time you've paid a hire fee on a cherry picker, isn't it going to be more cost-effective to get someone else to do the whole job?

David

Reply to
Lobster

For any serious roof work I would recomend that you get something good and safe to stand on. round my way, the hire cost of the cherry picker is much more than the cost of a guy to do the whole job.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

get the scaffolders in. then do the repairs yourself. still gonna work out a damn sight cheaper than getting the pros(sic) in! and at least you can do a good job on it and safely!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

If you put a platform (probably on two levels) from the front of the chimney to the front of the dormers you would have front ladder access, and somewhere to stand to haul up buckets of render.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Certainly a good advert for the use of a digital camera. I now photograph everything I do. I recently used a fairly recent photo to remind me if I'd put double studding in at a plasterboard joint. Only two years ago. I've set my camera to timer mode then stuffed it under floor boars to check for damp in joists. Best toy ever.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410

Reply to
Alex (YMG)

I'd suggest rerendering in lime not cement. You can put it onto wet brickwork and it'll allow it to gradually dry. It will also avoid the long term damage cement render can cause.

NT

Reply to
meow2222