Ron Hickman dies

In article , Adrian scribeth thus

Nope.. all cash in the bank .. well perhaps somewhere that does a better interest rate;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

I only knew well one rich person. He moved to Chille to maintain his lifestyle and died of drink. ;-(

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'll bet there are quite a few on here who are millionaires on paper when property values and pension investments are taken into account...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Why the sad face smiley? Sounds like he did precisely what he aimed to do. More power to his elbow.

Reply to
Adrian

Like George Best said when asked what he did with all his money... he said he spent 90% on fast cars, booze, and women. The rest he wasted.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
Huge

My feeling precisely.

Reply to
Huge

Have you ever seen anyone in the months or years before they actually die of alcoholism? It's not a pretty sight.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Our democracy is little more than a sham to keep the masses quiet. It makes no real difference to how anything operates and there is no way any independent can make a difference ? Party MPs are pretty impotent too. We are ulitimately ruled by big business and those happy to suck up to it.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Oh dear and there's me thinking that we are ruled by Charities and soft minded do gooders who seem to have permeated every political party in Britain, all vying to give our money away "YES OUR MONEY" (not the politicians) on every hard luck story in the World. I had thought that Cameron would change all this but he is just as bad as the last lot. Don (End of Rant, subject not really appropriate for this group)

Reply to
Donwill

It's frequently OT threads that attract most attention ! ;-)

Reply to
Andy Cap

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Better or worse than fading away in a care home?

Reply to
Adrian

I don't begrudge overseas aid to countries where people are starving to death. However I would stop all the aid that is being given to the banks.

Reply to
Mark

I read a little while ago that the figure is around 20 million. Not sure you need to spend 20 million on the house unless you really want to live in London though. Under a couple of million will buy you a 7 bedroom house in 6 acres near Cheltenham or a modernised medieval chateau with 8 bedrooms in over 40 acres in Lot et Garonne.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On 2011-03-04, Nightjar

Reply to
Huge

Huge gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Apart from the subtle detail that Cheltenham isn't in France, why _wouldn't_ you?

Reply to
Adrian

Reply to
Nightjar

You prefer the 'die young' approach?

I'd guess you're quite young yourself. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

"Dave Plowman (News)" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Having spent seven years visiting the M-i-L in a care home, I can only say "Fuck that". One-way to Geneva before that.

Depends what you count 40 as.

Reply to
Adrian

France is full of French people (WOCABs). And the language is horrible.

Reply to
Steve Firth