Robbing Bastards, UK

I have a venerable Sealey PC1450 pressure washer and it's been great for around 20 years or so. Recently it started to get a bit iffy with the on/off switch, so today I discovered the switch had become very graunchy and squirted some silicone oil in it. It now works very smoothly, switches on but won't latch. I looked into the possibilty of buying a new switch but was put off by these robbing bastards url:

48 pounds! Fuck them. Taking the serial/type and maker's number from the switch I find it's the same unit in a number of Karchers.
Now that's more like it and I don't mind paying that.

There's a lesson for greedy parts stockists in the UK - go and get stuffed, matey.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

£11.49 shipping probably a tad cheaper than the German site.

Reply to
Richard

Jeez, even allowing for EU shipping that's still cheaper than the Karcher site. The Karcher headline price is great, but only offer shipping for ?20, but that still makes the total well under the robbing bastards' site.

Well done for finding that, and if they can do it, why can't the robbing bastards up there ^^^^^? Sods.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Maybe the "robbing bastards" source from the Karcher site and add on their margin. Espares does seem to be reasonable for most stuff.

Reply to
Richard

And how. I suspect they don't sell many of them at that price.

I'd forgotten about espares - I used to deal with ezee-spares but they don't do Karcher. It works out nicely - I have a need for a couple of cooker rings too.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon