Riving knives?

Has anyone noticed that a large number of circular saws don't come with riving knives anymore?

My new bargain AEG doesn't have one, a lot of the new Bosch don't, Sparky & GMC don't, even Skil.

I took the riving knife off my Mak so I could do plunge cuts, never found it caused a problem.

Wonder whats changed?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Also just noticed the AEG doesn't have a safety button - e.g. the one you have to depress before you can pull the trigger.

Odd in our increasingly safety mad world.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

a large number of circular saws don't come with

No riving knife? No safety switch? Perhaps there's a reason it's cheap ;-)

Reply to
mike

The long-overdue demise of the nanny state :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

large number of circular saws don't come with

Toolstation have the exact same model @ £125!

The Medway Handyman

Perhaps it was originally designed for the US market where these things are less common?

Reply to
John Rumm

Can you fit wobble-washers for a wide groove? Or maybe a proper dado head? maybe not hand-held.... :(

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow