Ring ring

And what did you buy? I left the wholesaler looking for white cabinet lights and he could only find the ones I linked to and a similar priced set from Aurora lighting?

Reply to
ARW

In message , at 18:33:23 on Mon, 11 Nov

2013, ARW remarked:

I ended up buying 12v chrome ones, as the white are so difficult to find.

Reply to
Roland Perry

I know:-) And if Andy at my local wholesalers and I cannot find them, then they do not exist.

Reply to
ARW

In message , at 19:41:34 on Mon, 11 Nov

2013, ARW remarked:

I could spray-paint the enclosures, but not the LED-equipped inserts.

Reply to
Roland Perry

My cat tells me what time to wake up.

Reply to
ARW

You mean "the wife's dressing gown" and you hoped that no neighbours would see you answer the door:-)?

Reply to
ARW

Semi-retired. I still run one very part-time business, which gives a bit of structure to the week but needs me to be available on the phone from about 9:00 am four days a week. Not that I would be able to sleep much longer than eight hours a night anyway.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

On 11/11/2013 20:22, ARW wrote: ...

I keep the bedroom door shut, so mine can't. Otherwise it tends to be around dawn, whatever the time of year.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Yes, me too. Usually the response to such suggestions is, well you don't have to stick to the clock, but unfortunately those with kids, SOs, working in most offices, factories, etc. are stuck with the clock. Even those that aren't generally can't do it, 'cos all their friends', families', etc. lives are geared to the clock and they'd have no social life.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Are you trying to tell 7:05 happens twice in the same day?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

And if I did that there would be no landing carpet left.

I have no problem getting up Dawn early in a morning.

Reply to
ARW

On Monday 11 November 2013 22:23 ARW wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Fnaarrr Fnaaarrr!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Is Dawn equally amenable to going down at night?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A friend of mine who is very deaf has a bright light that flashes if the phone rings. He tells me that if it flashes between 11pm and 8am he lifts the receiver and makes no attempt to listen. He merely intones, 'Fuck off!' and replaces the receiver.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's no way to refer to visiting grandchildren.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Some years ago we had a middle-aged female friend who liked to visit early. Since I was in the habit of working late and rising late I would often be in bed. She was one of those people who like to take the moral high ground without any sensible justification (she's a greeny), and would delight in coming upstairs to bellow at me to get up. I tired of this, so when I heard her enter the house I managed to work up a pretty impressive penile erection. When she entered the bedroom she found me on my back, uncovered, stark naked, legs apart, nice smile. "Hello Pat! Have you come to give me a hand?"

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Poo9ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop

Reply to
tc-rex

You and your alarming pussy!

Reply to
PeterC

No, more sort of Freddie Mercury attire - and the neighbours didn't see me.

Reply to
PeterC