right-angle brighton fastener-type for windows ?

Hi,

My new wooden widows do not fit very well. They are modern double glazed units, but have antique style wrought iron furniture. The cockspur latches are the main offenders as their rivet hinges have play in most planes. I have this style of window furniture as it's an old house and these are the original style.

I am trying to find a device I can fit in the corner of the window and the frame, rather like a brighton fastener, which I can use to both secure and pull in the window snug with the frame.

My problem is that I cannot find exactly such a device. A brighton fastener can be used with the 2 parts at 90 degrees as the threaded section is hinged, but all the ones I have seen are for sashes and designed to have a gap between the 2 pieces , where mine need to be flush.

A very tall order I think, but I wonder if someone has seen such a device. I know Chubb do a white metal latch which sounds right, but when I got one it assumes the window and frame are flush with each other and mine are older style and the window is recessed from the frame.

many thanks

Reply to
jives11

Would this be any good? May not fit in with the style you want.

The Medway Handyman