rewiring a light circuit

I think I tested a similar sized bit - perhaps PIRs are not all equal? Mine charred but would not light, but as I mentioned, did produce some nasty smoke.

It's a little worrying as you really don't want that lot going up in a roof!

I am covering 95% of mine with plasterboard (essenstially down to within a foot of the eaves, not practical to got the last bit), even in the attic spaces, so that will reduce the risk to very small... (I hope!).

Oddly the BCO mentioned nothing either way and he knows I am using lots of PIR.

Reply to
Tim Watts

There are some fittings that look like the 2D one I have on my stairwell ceiling which are LED with emergency facilities. I'm planning on getting one when I'm next redecorating. TLC stock them.

Reply to
charles

Chopping them into the ceiling makes even the small striplight ones look less objectionable. However you can get more pleasing looking fittings these days.

Reply to
John Rumm

for example.

Reply to