Resticking wallpaper

I have a few places where wallpaper is slightly unsticking, and access is a bit tricky. It occurs to me that some form of syringe with a largish bore needle might serve to introduce a little PVA to effect a repair.

Has anybody done this, and what kit and/or dilution did you use?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

brushes get in there.

Reply to
tabbypurr

But it never really works. There's always a bit that didn't get glued.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If you pull the wallpaper off a bit to get into the crevice then it won;t sit flat once glue is applied. You can't win.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Use the syringe needle sold on EBay for refilling Ink Cartidges

I use ordinary wallpaper paste diluted enough to allow it to come out of the needle or syringe without the needle. You may find it easier to make a small slit in the paper and use a syringe without needle

Tip don't try and stick the paper back immediately - let the glue penetrate the wall and paper for, say, 30 minutes before attempting to smooth paper back on. It it dries out too much in this time repeat with more glue.

Reply to
alan_m

If its the edges coming off then yes a small paint brush is the way to apply the paste/glue

Reply to
alan_m

I've used grab adhesive in the past, the solvent free type. Wilkinsons do one in a large toothpaste tube.

Reply to
TMH

Wot e said.

The wallpaper will stretch with the moisture and the 30 minutes, and shrink again as it dries.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Thanks for that.

I used

I tried neat PVA, which I sucked up with the syringe only, and applied using the needle - it was a bit stiff, but worked well.

Later I had some paste mixed, and that was fine at standard strength, and could be sucked through the needle.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon