Replacing the motor housing of a corded drill

Perhaps this should have been titled 'Help please'.

I have a Minibor magnetic drill that's based on a Makita 6013BR electric drill. Lovely tool to use and quite indispensible at times. The plank that was using it (me) inverted had not connected a safety chain. Along comes a power outage and Minibor is subject to gravity. >>> small crash and much cursing. Result: 2 of the 4 screws attaching the motor head to the carriage are adrift and a third is failing. The fourth seems ok but the unit is now unuseable. This because the screws go into a fairly flimsy part of the plastic motor housing. No other damage, except to my pride.

Two questions:

1) Anyone have a Makita 6013BR drill going cheap. Spares/repair with good motor housing. 2) Is it a hugely complicated job to replace the motor housing?

Many thanks,

Nick.

Reply to
Nick