Replacing PCV Gutter rubber seals (2023 Update)

Yes ... I was one of the responders in 2016

Reply to
rick

I just used reply on that website ... not here, so it did have full context on the website. (apologies if those reading here doe not see it)

As many thousands of people will have Hepworth plastics guttering ... the solution may be of use for others.

Reply to
rick

Very few people post here from that website, many here block posts from Homeowners website as it has a habit of inciting replies to posts that are decades old.

I think you're missing the point. I don't have a clue what you're trying to say, "thicker, and softer" than what precisely? Chewing gum? There is no context apart from "I bought seals from Wavin Plastics … they acquired Hepworth".

You do realise that Wavin took over Hepworth some 17 years ago?

Reply to
Fredxx

I'll bet that 99.999% of people don't know the manufacturer of their guttering and when replacing parts know how to find that out.

Reply to
alan_m

The context is above (scroll up) ..... this reply is posted on

I didn't post reply on usenet

Reply to
rick

I am posting on the website not =on Usenet The original seals were solid rubber and similar to seals on uPVC windows & doors. The 'new' seals are thicker but made of softer material - being a hollow foam rubber. I don't have any technical data so can't give figures.. Wavin technical describe them as thicker but more compliant than original seals (if that helps) Yes I am aware Hepworth were acquired by Wavin platics .... however many people have Hepworth guttering, the purpose of the update was to assist those who have the guttering ... which is clearly identified as it has Heplworth name & embossed on every fitting. Just because something is no longer made does not mean people do not want to repair it ... Please ignore post if it is of no interest to you.

has this thread as active, if it does not want posts then admin could close off the thread.

Reply to
rick

No, clearly you're not very bright. You are posting on Usenet through a broken website.

You have (had) the chance of providing context by quoting the Usenet post you were initially replying to.

There is no admin in Usenet. Grow up. Usenet is a series of server that propagate messages. For christ's sake read this properly:

Fredxx

That's where it ended up. Very little on the web site you are using originated there.

Reply to
alan_m

Found this thread while looking for replacement seals for my Hepworth gutter. I found that the Floplast Square Line gutter seals when cut down the middle (with scissors) are a good fit and seal perfectly.

A K

The Hepworth Square gutter system was discontinued about 10 years ago and there are no spaes left.

I used WAVINT StormLine Gutter Seal 8T864 is similar with a flat back and 6mm thick. It is wider and longer so it can be cut to suit

It is 14.5mm wide so could be cut in half lengthways.

Reply to
rick

I found Hepworth seal no longer exist The Hepworth Square gutter system was discontinued about 10 years ago and there are no spares left.

I used WAVIN plastics StormLine Gutter Seal 8T864 its around 14.5mm wide flat back and 6mm thick.

I split it down the centre and so far these work fine

Reply to
Sargan

Hey, its 2023. Not 2016

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

should be pretty easy to mould some high modulus silicone to that shape.

Reply to
Animal

It's also amazing what you can do with self-amalgamating tape (where necessary, several layers, cut to shape).

Reply to
Ian Jackson