replacing old Trianco oil boiler advice needed

We have a very old 1975 Trianco 20/25 boiler which has now giving up. cant complain its done 30 years!

We were contemplating a heat pump solution but with radiators it does not look like it will cost in, high capital cost as well. So we are looking to replace the old oil boiler.

We have a new cylinder, TRVs control valves timers etc so should be a question of just replacing the boiler which will have to be checked to satisfy BRegs. Thats what the guys giving quotes have said anyway/

The cheapest quote we have has so far is 1900+ pounds which seems to be

1000+ more than you can buy a boiler for. Since the peeps that have come seem to think its a simple job and I replumbed the rest of the house 5 years ago I am thinking abou doing it myself.

Any recommendations on boilers, or those not to touch, any particually tricky bits that might warrant paying the =A31000 for the install.

All advise and comments gratefully received.

adrian

Reply to
adrian.slim

Remember to factor in the cost of having the installation inspected by a qualified installer or Building Control including the electrics.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Peter

yes I had but even a couple of 100 to get the installation inspected, (the current one plugs into a 13A skt, so can the new one so should not need Part P inp as far as I am aware), =A31000 seems a bit steep for the install, but thanks it would be easy to miss that bit.

Reply to
adrian.slim

You may not need Part P but you will certainly need Building Regulations approval for fitting a new boiler or a certificate from an authorised installler. You did not say what fuel but I am assuming oil otherwise you need a Corgi or the like.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Peter

its oil, so will the new one be, no gas here, quite happy to pay for someone to commision maybe a hundred or so. I want some advise on what boiler to install though if peeps have any experience

adrian

Reply to
adrian.slim

Take a look at the Grant range on

that have been highly recommended to me. I too am about to replace an old Trianco that has served me well. I plan to buy from

who seem competitive but if anyone knows better I would be glad to hear from them. Hope this helps Adrian. If you want to contact me off group please feel free to do so.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland