replacing combi

I have a vaillant turbomax vuw 242e installed in an end section of full length bedroom wardrobe.

I am thinking about replacing this combi with a worcester bosch combi.

As the access is a touch restricted, would the pipe work connections of a worcester line up with the connections that are presently made to the vaillant,without ( much)alteration.

The vaillant has tended to be a bummer.

tia

Reply to
bilge

Go to the W-B site and download the sheets, that will tell you. The W-B Junior is good little boiler and small too. Get the larger sized unit if you go for this. What sort of flowrate do you want from the combi? Install a phosphor descaler on the system to prevent scale build up.

IMM

thanks

the vaillant is quoted at 10 l/min @ 35 degree rise

I made a rough check in the past and had a reading of 7.3 l/min for a

42degree rise with the HW set at 9.

This is fine for my needs.

Reply to
bilge

The Junior is a good and very simple boiler and a lot smaller than the Vaillant, so lots of room to re-adjust pipes. It doesn't even have a 3-way diverter valve. The Ideal Icos is not bad and well priced and a condensing unit, so more economical to run, and also a drain connection required. If no drain connection available then go for the larger Junior and fit a phosphor descaler no matter what boiler you pick. B&Q sell these for £41. Well worth it any water system.

Reply to
IMM

ITYM Ideal Isar, the Icos is a system boiler not a combi. The Isar is quite a bit smaller than the WB as well, which may be of use in the OPs situation.

Reply to
John Rumm