Replacing bath with shower

Bath is never used but bath based power shower is. We have continous proble= ms with sealing the edges of the bath so are considering ripping out the b= ath and replacing it with a shower. Shower should have 3 sides and a door, = all fully, reliably sealed at all interfaces with absolutely zero chance of= leaks appearing, so no bleeding silicone sealer. Bath is in an alcove so perhaps we could line the alcove with laminate/pers= pex/whatever panels and turn it into a mini wet room ?

Anyone ever done this?

Reply to
fred

with sealing the edges of the bath so are considering ripping out the bath and replacing it with a shower. Shower should have 3 sides and a door, all fully, reliably sealed at all interfaces with absolutely zero chance of leaks appearing, so no bleeding silicone sealer.

laminate/perspex/whatever panels and turn it into a mini wet room ?

I would use wetwall, thats what it is designed for.

Reply to
Camdor

lems =A0with sealing the edges of the bath so are considering ripping out t= he bath and replacing it with a shower. Shower should have 3 sides and a do= or, all fully, reliably sealed at all interfaces with absolutely zero chanc= e of leaks appearing,

Really? Why do you think it will be easier than sealing the bath properly?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I've had continuous problems with keeping shower bases sealed. I've almost never had problems keeping a bath sealed. If you've got the space I always recommend having a bath, even if you "never" use the bath, because there'll one day be a time you're desperate for a large tub full of water for something.

I had a burst tyre and had to push my bike seven miles home. I was then desperate to just lie in a bath of hot water, and then I used it to find the leak on the inner tube. That was the one time I used the bath in 2010.

JGH

Reply to
jgh

with sealing the edges of the bath so are considering ripping out the bath and replacing it with a shower. Shower should have 3 sides and a door, all fully, reliably sealed at all interfaces with absolutely zero chance of leaks appearing, so no bleeding silicone sealer.

laminate/perspex/whatever panels and turn it into a mini wet room ?

Sorry for being so late with this, but I've been away. I've been considering doing the same thing and have a couple of sites bookmarked:

PeterC