replacing a motor valve head

Hi,

I believe I have an intermittent problem with a motor valve on my heating system. I am half way through removing the powerhead (4003916-001) of a Honeywell motor valve 4043H. It is the new type with

2 fixing screws in the diagonals of the header.

I think that the lever was still in the auto position when I started, which may have been a mistake... I expected the header to lift off when the 2 fixing screws were removed with a lever of a screwdriver twist. The header is very close to the hood of the boiler which makes things harder, but the valve did not lift off completely when I inserted a screwdriver and twisted. Instead, it has lifted about 1cm, a bit less in the far diagonal where the fixing screw was removed. Looking in the plane of the footplate, the only thing still in contact is the valve itself.

I tried moving the lever to manual when the head was half off to see if that would help but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I am not really sure how much force should need to be applied to remove it. I am now in no man's land and can't get the header off or back on. I'm wishing I hadn't started now!

Do I need to do anything with the lever? Shall I just apply more force?

Cheers, James

Reply to
jamesjjtc

Has anybody replacde a valve before please? I could do with hearing about your experience.

thanks