Repairing potholes - how?

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Dave Plowman (News)" saying something like:

If it wasn't the rotten credit in the US, it would have been something else. The system was overheated to the point where something, anything, would have popped the bubble; if not exactly when it happened but soon after that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "dennis@home" saying something like:

4" deep by 2' long pothole a couple of weeks ago, hit at 40mph. Bent the edge of the steel rim fitted with a commercial van tyre of very non-silly profile. I haven't taken the tyre off the rim yet to inspect internal damage, but I'd not be surprised if it's busted something. In the meantime that tyre/wheel is sitting in the garage pending inspection.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I agree. Saw it coming after deregulation. Just surprised it took so long.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah well twice the length and half the speed so at least 4 times the travel time. Also a higher loading so greater acceleration. Probably just got to 4" depth when it hit the side.

PS. nobody spotted the original error.. the acceleration should have been

+1G as I forgot gravity. Gives a drop of about 3cm so not much difference.
Reply to
dennis

How many cars have only 250kG per wheel? Can't say I'm convinced the unsprung weight is that high either. OTOH the shocks should slow it down... I still go around them. Except the ones the guy in the paper the other day called "Pothills" :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ