repairing mug handle which hasn't (yet) broken off

Angle grinder.

No, really.

Remove handle (or wait until it comes away of its own accord) and then grind down the handle stumps. If holding it when hot's a problem then demote it to garden duty where it'll cool quicker by either a) being left stewing longer or b) sitting out in the cold British summer.

Reply to
Scott M

Favourite ceramic mug my arse.

Just buy a new one that is exactly the same but not broken.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks Adam - sadly it's not possible to get one 'exactly the same' without shelling out a fortune; it's a collectible type thing.

I wouldn't bother with most but this one is of importance to the grandchild ...

J^n

Reply to
jkn

I have used some Loctite UV-hardening glass glue to repair ceramic.

Remeins liquid idefinetely, until exposed to UV. Ceramic takes longer for it to harden fully, but it does, eventually. Last through coffe and dishwascher, for > one year, now.

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

It might come to that, actually - I had thought about it.

Is there any 'glaze' that can be applied to the remains of the stumps once ground down? I appreciate it won't be fired, but something to finish off those areas would be nice.

Cheers J^n

Reply to
jkn

Clear nail varnish.