removing spray paint from wood

Hi,

I've got a solid pine wooden fence surrounding the house (unpainted) and some little sods have spray-painted some graffiti on it. Any tips for getting it off ?

I've got some Nitro Mors here, but before I get into that it would be interesting to hear whether it might work ?

Cheers...

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

You havn't bought a round yet.

Take the course action.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thaey do a specific product for this Nitromors Graffiti Buster Paint Remover

500ml here
or a cheaper vesion here Graffitti Remover 400ml
care - both contain some pretty nasty ingredients!
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If it hasn't penetrated, sand it off.

I've stood over little sods and made them scrape paint off tiled walls with their fingernails before now. "It wasn't me that did it this isn't fair." "You're never too young to learn that life isn't fair now get back scraping."

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Assuming its cellulose paint then cellulose thinners from a car parts place. Use washing gloves and maybe some wire wool or a wire brush.

Reply to
marvelus

You'll be able to get it off using the other suggested methods, but it may look different where you've treated it. You could try some creosote to even the lot out, and make it less susceptible to attack (and desirable to attack) - I have heard that a good coating of yobbo juice is also a good thing.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Thanks. I'll give it a try and see how I get on.

What's yobbo juice ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

That's easy! Just find a nice juicy yobbo or two, if you aren't fast on your feet, or are worried they won't co-operate, then, get a friend or two to help catch them. Then just hold them down on the kerb, over a gutter, and beat them until their pips squeak. Juice will flow freely! In fact, it may flow so freely that it gets contaminated with a sort of smelly sludge, so don't squeeze

*too* hard!
Reply to
Chris Bacon