Removing Mira Shower

Apologies for the poor mobile phone pic, but how do I remove this little beauty?

can see a few openings for what appears to be a 2.5mm allen key (missing from my set), and the nuts at the back on the inlets.

Any help appreciated.

CD

Reply to
Forestfan

Fitting instructions for a similar looking shower:

Mr Uncalled-For

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Forestfan" saying something like:

Pull the central knob straight off - it's on a four-grooved shaft, iirc. The rotary outside one also pulls straight off after that once you remove a horseshoe clip. The 2.5mm allan grubscrews round the periphery will allow you to take the body away from the backplate once removed.

Is it knackered? You can get a complete rebuild kit for about a tenner.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote > Pull the central knob straight off - it's on a four-grooved shaft, iirc.

It was from our en-suite, all installed by the previous owner. All his sealing aroound the tray had failed, I suspect he used non waterproof grout on the tiles judging by the crud behind them & the ease with which they came off.

The whole lot is now in the skip outside, I won't be reusing the shower..

Thanks for the help.

CD

Reply to
Forestfan