Removing facebook in total from my computer

While the USA economy boomed, until Chinese Flu arrived.

Reply to
Andrew

Nothing to do with Trump, it would have boomed anyway.

Reply to
Joey

"You must log in to continue." no thanks

Reply to
Andy Burns

Think it through logically...

If you already have a login, then you may as well use it, since it will let you see exactly what information[1] they hold on you. Logging in to find out just that gives them little new information of relevance. It also allow you to set limits on what they collect in future.

If you don't already have a login then they won't hold any information tied to that login[2] (that does not exist) so you would not be able to retrieve it anyway even if you created one.

[1] That they are prepared to admit to anyway. [2] They probably still have some information about you since your contact details will likely be included in the contact lists of others what have shared them with FB - it may be in an aggregated form.
Reply to
John Rumm

non trivially though

as I want sites where I "log in" to keep my log in persistent, I have no choice but to globally accept cookies

The tiny benefit of turning cookies off so that I can't be tracked, just isn't worth the hassle of have to manually log on each time that I visit a site

Reply to
tim...

More to the point, there are plenty of tracking technologies that work just fine with cookies disabled.

Another case of poor legislation. They wanted to ban a behaviour (i.e. tracking) but instead proscribed a particular technology that was currently used to support tracking rather than actually banning tracking itself. So it just means that anyone wanting to track is still free to do so, but need to use a different technology like browser fingerprinting etc. More to the point, we now get daft cookie popups on every site, that confuse most visitors, and don't actually address the behaviour they wanted to legislate against.

Reply to
John Rumm