Removing expanding foam from clothes

Ah, you didn't read this first...

Andrew Gabriel

I've certainly managed it to a reasonable level of success with acetone. Usual warnings apply about testing it first on an inconspicuous area first, as the 'cure' could be as bad as the 'disease' - however in this case it's probably all or nothing?

David

Reply to
Lobster

Oh God yes - been there, done that. I think the resulting 'plume' went about 20 feet in the air. Not pretty.

David

Reply to
Lobster

as you are a bit short on responses I can confirm that nail varnish remover will work a treat

Reply to
AJH

In my case, the result was far less spectacular - a gentle but steady flow that could be halted with thumb-pressure.

After wandering around with it clutched in one hand, looking all too reminiscent of new-born's nappies, I dropped it in a hollow tree stump.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Working on the basis that the foam has not penetrated the fibres very much, I reckon the best thing to do is to anchor the foam to some object (like a lump of wood) by gluing it there or using more foam (without getting more onto the shirt!). When set, hank the shirt off the foam.

Rob Graham

Reply to
robgraham

I had a small blob on my jeans which I picked of then used a nail brush to get rid of those pesky little bits that seem to eat into the grain of the cloth. Tee shirt material can be awkward and you need to make sure nothing you use will stain or discolour the material

Reply to
Ron O'Brien

I know an old woman who swallowed a fly ;-)

Reply to
Harry Stottle

Oh me, oh my

Reply to
Broadback

Could some members of this NG thread be secret members of the foam fight of

2002?

Ash

Wusses.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hey ... the kids have to start somewhere and expanding foam is expensive thou no's

Reply to
Ash

Looks like a Garry Glitter Party.

Reply to