Removing disguising scratch on Parquet floor.

After a visit by family there are two scratches on wooden floors. One on a parquet floor the other on an engineered wooden floor. What is the best way of removing or disguising these? Sanding is not a realistic option. The scratches are cosmetic rather than deep.

Reply to
Broadback

coloured wax sticks as used on antique furniture?

(I don't think you're going to realistically "remove" them without abrading and refinishing)

or just accept that it will happen again and fondly remember who did each one ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

You could try one of the many generic 'magic' erasers/sponges, e.g.

do a pretty good job at removing marks and at least lessening minor scratches on my parquet floor.

Colin

Reply to
Colin

Spray can wax polish is often enough to hide surface scratches. Stops the light catching it

Reply to
stuart noble

And usually contains silicone!

Silicone on floor not a good idea!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not the Mr.Sheen type. There are wax based sprays

Reply to
stuart noble

I second that - it's what I use. Though I gave up at the bottom of the stairs, where the rabbits scrabble to jump onto the first (carpeted) stair!

Reply to
John Whitworth