Remove a plaster fire surround

We have recently moved house and the previous occupiers had a plaster fire
surround. We want to replace this with something else. Is there any chance
I can remove this without...
1. Bringing down half the wall in the process
2. Removing the surround in one piece
Thanks
Reply to
diy-newby
Chances are its been bonded to the wall with some ind of adhesive similair to the plaster its ade of or no-nails or even Dry wall adhesive?
You sure its not affixed to the wall with blind screws or brackets?
Other than that its a case of hacking the plaster of around its profile.
Reply to
George

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in