Removal of Tree

John, cut your tree down. I would rather have a nice area for my kids and a clean car too. It is your house, kids and car... and rightly so that you care for all of those far more than a tree in an inconvenient place!! If it was me then i would plant a new one in a convenient location just to offset any guilt that i had about chopping it down, not to please swampy and the rest of those tree hugging loonies!

Reply to
Cuprager

If you don't know what type of tree it is how can you say whether it is rare?

Assuming you can see plenty of other trees that look the same all over the place how come you don't know what it is? I'm no tree expert but I reckon I could have a pretty good stab at identifying Britain's common tree species. Can you describe it's leaves, bark and general shape so that we can have a stab identifying it (or provide a photo). I'm just curious to know what a generic tree looks like.

As for wasps just ignore them. It won't hurt your kids to get stung a couple of times and it will teach them some respect for wasps. If you want to cut down the number of wasps try removing any ivy climbing up the tree, remove old wood and any dead animals (they make their nests from old wood, eat the animals, and hide in the ivy).

As for your car, buy a pressure washer. I can't honestly believe that it is as bad as you are making out. Our car is parked under 4 trees and the only time we have problems is during the week or so pollen is produced and in autumn when all the leaves drop off.

Graham

John Wils> this tree isn't a rare tree..... just a normal everyday tree

Reply to
doozer

So if your neighbours don't like what's growing in your garden or object to not having enough space for their kids to play because your house is in the way it's OK for them to get out the shears or bulldozer?

It works both ways.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The neighbours would have to ask permission first and i would say no.

No it doesnt.

Reply to
Cuprager

Oh I see, one law for you and another for others!

That sums up many people, sadly ...

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If you read the first post in this thread you will notice that the tree isn't on the OP's land. It isn't his tree to cut down. Thus he has to ask permission first and his council may say no.

Colin

Reply to
Colin Blackburn

No. There is an enormous difference between pulling a tree down and bulldozing a house, that i thought would be obvious! Sadly, obviously not!

I will keep my summation to myself as there is a possibility it might offend.

Reply to
Cuprager

Quite correct Colin. He also stated that if they did then his tree would meet with an accident.

Reply to
Cuprager

You didn't ead everything I said!

You couldn't offend me.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

"Vera" wrote | Don't forget the playgrounds - swings, roundabouts, big | rocking horses for 10 kids - nice large areas of concrete | under each piece of equipment to protect the surrounding | grass...

And the roundabouts had holes in where the planks were rotten and you could put your feet through and push ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Oh yes - and a running board all around so you could crouch down and lean right out (one hand on the bar) to drop lolly sticks for the kid behind you to try and pick up.

It's odd - my sister broke her collar bone when she fell off the swing once and my parents never even thought of suing. They just told her off for standing up!

Reply to
Vera

Ah, they don't make 'em like that any more ...

But in truth, we did go to the playground very frequently, the nearest was about a mile away and we walked there.

Half a mile down the road from we we now live is a super duper all singing all dancing playground with bells on, funded by European money I believe. It's beautiful, innovative, brightly painted, lots of seats for parents, litter bins, safe and very varied equipment and restricted access so that motor cycling yoof can't get in. It's a triumph of modern design.

And it's empty. I've never seen anyone in it.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Of course. Who wants a super duper provided by the council place? Its no fun.

Not like going potholing in badger setts anyway.

I took the nieces for a drive in the jag the other day ..'will it fly' 'yes, but fsaten your seat belts first'

There is a hump backed bridge which will launch the car for about 10 feet ifctaken at about 100mph., so I did. Id done it several times before..

They loved it.

Sister in law looked a bit pained when they told her.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Of course it is. If there's not even the remotest chance of anybody suffering serious harm or even death, where's the excitement ?

Reply to
Mike

So why does the OP want to get rid of the tree?

;-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "John Wilson" saying something like:

Copper nails in the trunk... that'll kill it

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Go take a look at around 9pm. If it's anything like the ones down our way it will be very busy then.

Loads of 13 year olds smoking, swearing and drinking white cider and special brew.

Darren - god I'm beginning to sound old :-)

Reply to
dmc

No, I've passed it at all times of day and night. I've never even seen a dog in it. Nor even litter. Perhaps it's in some kind of impermeable invisible barrier ...

LOL! Keep going and you'll get there. And it's not bad either :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ah, but you don't look it (unlike me!).

(we work in the same building...)

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , dmc writes

Ours has been a great success since we have started adding to it, we have a grant application in at the moment for more equipment. We have gone from the ubiquitous Wicksteed swings, slide and roundabout to wooden bridges, monkey climbs, balancing poles and the like plus a BMX area. We have attracted more children down there than ever before and its working well, we do have a few problems but I normally stamp them in the bud before they develop.

Reply to
.