Removal of Tree

I wouldn't argue at all if it was a safety issue, or a safety-related issue of obstruction. But it does annoy me when people want an existing mature tree removed just because it's "inconvenient".

Though it may be possible to get the council to "trim" it a bit, they have butchered quite a few mature trees round here :(

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Course they can. They're far bigger than the wasps.

I can't seewhy wasps should go to one tree and not the others.

Park the car somewhere else.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

If the tree is so large (although you don't say what kind it is) it ws probably there when you and your neighbours moved in.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I agree 100%.

Especially when it's probably been there longer than the complainers.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's not nice to see your kids scared because of wasps and not wanting to go outside because there is lots of them

The other trees are at the back of the house and not at the side play area

Park elsewhere..... I live in a town and cant risk leaving my car elsewhere Why should I move the car elsewhere since it's my house

Had a tree surgeon out at the tree yesterday and he said that the tree is old and needs to come down asap

Reply to
John Wilson

The wasps aren't interested in your kids. They're interested in their own.

And you think wasps know the difference? Or care?

Which one of those is the reason?

He would, wouldn't he!

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article ,

I planted an Oak tree, (every man should plant one, very satisfying), but 15 years later it had got very large, and antisocial. So I beheaded it, to a single trunk, about 10ft tall. It has grown back into a nice shape.

Oak is one of those trees that is able to spring new buds from old bark, provided it is pruned in the dormant season. Not much time left do do that this season. though.

Reply to
Tony Williams

Look the tree is coming down end off...... you want my address and you can come hug the tree before it's gone???

Reply to
John Wilson

Why does that not surprise me!

It will certainly get rid of the wasp 'problem' ...

Hug a tree? What a strange concept.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

this tree isn't a rare tree..... just a normal everyday tree

nothing nice to look at either

Reply to
John Wilson

What is a normal everyday tree?

Oaks are very common. Certainly not rare.

That's a subjective opinion.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Then you shouldn't have brought them up to be scared of something that is less dangerous than junk food and crossing the road, should you?

Reply to
Rob Morley

In article , Rob Morley writes

It's funny, but my children are also scared of wasps and other flying and crawling things, and they have certainly never been taught that insects are bad or dangerous. Us parents don't run screaming when we see one. I can only think it is an inbuilt danger reaction to the unknown or something. No doubt the psychologists can explain it.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Wasps are stripy yellow (=danger), buzzy and string like little b*ggers if annoyed, unlike bees which have to be pushed quite hard to sting and it hurts a lot if you're little. Scared the knees off me when I was little (though, not as much as hornets, now *they* are total b*st*rds).

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

But you have to annoy them.

Oh no they don't - honeybees are swifter to sting than wasps and can be 'annoyed' more easily than wasps.

It hurts just as much if you're big. I could die if I'm stung but I'm not afraid of either wasps or bees. I just don't provoke them.

Not true, they're far slower to be provoked than wasps.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Oh dear oh dear. Can't have little johhny feeling that anything in the world might hurt him can we?

So he feels safe enough to run across a wasp free motorway at the age of seven?

A side play area no less? Blimey, in my day we had gardens, complete with trees to fall out of, flowers to make you sneeze, nettles wasps and bees to sting you, bits of stone to cut your knees on and a ditch to drown guiniea pigs in.

Not to mention the friends gravel drive to end up embedded in your elbows as you tried to do racing turns on your pushbike.

Do you know, you are too stupid to even live in suburbia, let alone the country.. Go back to living in a high rise flat.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nah. I want to bring round a few dead rabbits and a few live wasps.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Leylandii?

Certainly not raee.

Elm, now , that IS rare these days.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Its probvably something they picked up from watching teletubbies.

They should be put to sleep quietly, the condition of paranoia surbubanitis is essentially incurable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi,

I doubt the wasps are anything to do with the tree, why do your neighbours not like it either?

Don't worry about the car, it'll be scrap sometime in the not too distant future...

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C