Removal of Blu-Tack?

A 17-y-o friend has contrived to get Blu-Tack, now semi-dried, on the inside of a leather or pseudo-leather belt, trousers for the holding of up with.

I've looked at Bostik's Blu-Tack Web pages, at the UK.d-i-y Wiki, and at Cleanipedia, without success; a Google search for [Blu-Tack removal cleaning] finds too much.

What does the group recommend?

Reply to
dr.s.lartius

TMH's favourite spray?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Before or after applying car body filler?

Reply to
Graham.

I had some stuck on wallpaper for 10 years I used a poundshop screwdriver flat blade obviously. I guess some on here would prefer an angle grinder.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Now I might be wrong, but I've had to do this once a year for a long time. I then had a sudden (what psses as) a thought: it's basically PVA, so I carefully removed as much as I could by rolling some Blu-Tack over the area then tried a very 'damp' but not dripping rag (need wipeable/spongeable finish on the substrate) and it all came off. Needs patience as it's not readily soluble in/miscible with water, but it does the trick.

Reply to
PeterC

One has to ask what kinky use was he putting his belt to to get it on there in the first place? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff