Remote management of rental garages

A lady friend made what I thought was a good suggestion.

Her idea was to contact the local church and ask they they had a local member of the congregation who is mature, unemployed/retired, honest and reliable who could manage access to the garages on my behalf. for a fee. This would involve the person opening up the padlock on each garage when a new tenancy was agreed. When the tenancy terminated, he or she would inspect the garage and re-apply the padlock again. I reckon £50 -£80 for each for each in/out tenancy would be fair for what would be 10 minutes work. If there was a problem tenant who did not remove his own padlock, then I would provide a cordless angle grinder to remove the same.

What do you reckon - given that my late mother left £10,000 to the local church 10 years ago in her will?

Reply to
Bazza

Dunno how likely it would be that an unemployed person would be honest and reliable in the current labor market situaton and who is likely to remain unemployed for long. And even with say someone who has chosen to 'live' on the dole instead of working because the income from that is still better than their costs, they may not regard the potential income from you would be worth it.

Tho I spose a handyman might find it useful.

Or maybe an intellectually disabled person could be helped by another say retired church member to be able to do the job.

Which type of church ? Is there any possibility they are cult involved in pumping the pockets of the gullible ?

Reply to
Jock

Have you also considered that someone may abandon a garage full of stuff and never to be seen again at the end of the tenancy? Just make sure your T&C cater for this.

Reply to
alan_m

Your fundamental problem is that the income for the individual wouldn't be very high because the turnover of clents wouldnt be high.

More likely to appeal to a handyman than anyone else imo.

Reply to
Jock

I bet you could have killed her -- except that she was already dead.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Oh really, you are the limit sometimes.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I know of someone who left a large sum of money to a cat's charity by way of a percentage of the estate which meant the solicitors from the charity were in the loop attempting to get as much money as possible and seriously hampering any attempts to sell property quickly (not at a knockdown price). In the end all the delays just put more money in the pockets of all the solicitors.

Reply to
alan_m

Says the f****it carefully deleting the rest of that sentence.

You really are the limit all the time.