Reliable kitchen appliances?

I'm planning a new kitchen and don't want to choose duff products. Can anyone recommend reliable brands based on their own experience. In particular I'm looking to buy a new built-under oven (or a slot-in cooker with gas hob burners), integrated fridge, freezer and dishwasher. I'm looking for good value, not necessarily cheap. If you've been dissappointed with a make - let me know. Ta.

Reply to
rozsnell

Biggest disappointment in recent years - Bosch.

Most pleasing appliances - Miele and LG, and some Zanussi.

Reply to
Grunff

As far as gas cookers go, they all look like crap to me, so I'm sticking with my old one. Glass lids indeed!

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Hotpoint seem to have gone downhill, a number of complaints about them from friends and relatives.

Reply to
Broadback

I fitted built-in De Dietrich appliances in my last house - 9 years of service without a fault. Dishwasher, fridge, oven and hob. They made a particularly sexy gas hob with ceramic top, that the then house manager wouldn't let me have. Chosen for looks and (hoped-for) quality - we wanted black, and most manufacturers were very much in a white, brown or silver phase at the time.

I currently have free-standing Bosch stuff, which are less than a year old, and (fingers crossed) not giving any trouble. But I deliberately bought these at John Lewis to get a no-quibble 2-year guarantee.

Small sample, but hope it's of use.

-- "Ninety per cent of everything is crap."

Reply to
John Laird

snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net wrote in news:1173864852.108980.259930 @n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I'm a bit concerned about the integrated fridge/freezer/dishwasher !

I've not seen one of those. :-)

Reply to
Terry W.

No issues with AEG apart from price....

Reply to
Ian_m

I'll be looking De Dietrich up on the net later - sexy would be a bonus - I'd settle for functional, reliable and smart myself !! I've got a couple of Bosch things - they've been very reliable - but the washing machine takes a long time do a load and restarts the whole wash cycle if you lean against the buttons. Have you ever heard of a brand of cookers called Lofra - they look well made but I don't know anyone who's got one?

Reply to
rozzikate

All right funny-guts - what's wrong with ice cubes in the washing up water and dirty dishes in the fridge? :-)

Reply to
rozzikate

^^^^^ Agreed.

Reply to
Huge

And you can add to that Siemens..

Reply to
tony sayer

I'd say my old DD appliances were functional, reliable and smart, yes.

Most button-operated appliances object to you leaning on buttons once they've started !

No, I've not heard of Lofra, to be honest. For me, like most people, a cooker is a once every 10-20 years purchase so it would be unusual to be fully up to date with the state of the art and every available make.

-- "To be, or not to be, those are the parameters."

Reply to
John Laird

now AKA Electrolux.

My old AEG washing machine has been quite reliable, but spares expensive and now even harder to obtain. My older Hotpoint still has cheap spares available and is currently more reliable (over 20 years old).

They don't make them like they used to.

Our newer AEG dishwasher has not been as good, but spares have been easY (so far) to obtain, but pricey.

Reply to
<me9

Huge typed

Indeed.