Refittimg fireplace surround

we have a coal effect gas fireplace in lounge. At the opening of the chimney there is was rectangular metal surround (approx 3 foot by approx 3 foot) . Wen i ssay rectangular it has three sides. the end which touches the bottom (hearth) is not there.

Looks a bit like:

This has come away from the wall. What i am attemting to work out is what should be used to fix back to the tiles. Do i just use some kind of glue (which bonds metal to tiles?)

It seems to have been fixed with doubled sided heavy duty tape. Been in house 11 years and believe the fireplace was installed 5 years before we moved in so the tape seem to have worked but just want to check. The fireplace gets used approx 4 times a year (the wonders of central heating). Thanks in advance

Steve

Reply to
Virgin Newsgroups

Silicon mastic