reduced depth kitchen carcases

I've no idea. I have pipes & wires round most of the house, and can't say I've found it a problem.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I've no doubt there are 'ones that should maybe give some serious consideration to what they're doing with their lives,' but I don't think you've come anywhere remotely near identifying who they are.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

If there are pipes clipped to the wall, won't you have to cut the cabinets down still further if you put a flat back on?

Reply to
GB

Personally speaking "Out of sight, out of mind (bit still accessible)" does it for me. :-)

Reply to
Johnny B Good

s to match, but the only off-the-shelf option seems to be tall wall units - these are only 300mm deep though. Thinking of cutting down standard units to about 100mm shallower - anyone have experience of this? Went to Howdens today but theirs are assembled and joints glued so likely to be too difficu lt without destroying them. Think Wickes not glued - of flatpack?

Thanks all suggestions. diy kitchens would have been good but they don't ha ve an L-corner unit which I would like. I can see there are different possi bilities with chopping factory units but after spending such a lot (about £700 for 4 Wickes 'half price' units it seems crazy. Too much work for me builing them from scratch.

Will think on...

Reply to
Peter

its to match, but the only off-the-shelf option seems to be tall wall units - these are only 300mm deep though. Thinking of cutting down standard unit s to about 100mm shallower - anyone have experience of this? Went to Howden s today but theirs are assembled and joints glued so likely to be too diffi cult without destroying them. Think Wickes not glued - of flatpack?

have an L-corner unit which I would like. I can see there are different pos sibilities with chopping factory units but after spending such a lot (about £700 for 4 Wickes 'half price' units it seems crazy. Too much work fo r me builing them from scratch.

Kitchen cabs are pretty simple to make if you buy the doors.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr