Recycling thought

on a slightly different note

one for Dave to stick in his pipe and smoke (so to speak ...)

geoff

The Medway Handyman

Cleveland (before its abolition), with its nuclear power station at Hartlepool.

Reply to
<me9

Then Darlington labelled itself as a 'quiet town', so it became known as 'noisy city'.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

claims to be the original)

and there's one in High Wycombe that Wikipedia doesn't know about.

I'd have put Bracknell well up the list, but the best it can manage is a chain of a big one and two little ones O.. and Twin Bridges, which is one-and-a-half joined up.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Nothing magic about High Wycombe's mess. Just five roundabouts in close proximity :-)

Reply to
Rod

Tis, too

You seem to have missed the fact that HH is only a few miles down the road - what self respecting roundabout would bother travelling further (except in Telford - where the tracing paper slipped during the design stage)

Reply to
geoff

In message , Andy Hall writes

JUst thinking about it, it's a bit of a joke claiming to be a nuclear free zone when we have Northwood 5 miles down the road (British command centre in the event of a nuclear war - where "the button" is, for those who don't know)

Watford would be one of the first places to be targeted

Reply to
geoff

No bad thing then, nuclear war :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Of course, Chatham dockyards would be next

Reply to
geoff

Oi! Don't forget ours!

Can't say I'm proud of it though. It was built when the town had the unbelievable situation of having a chief "borough highways engineer" who didn't actually own a driving licence.

Someone

Reply to
somebody

Oi! I work in one of them sometimes! ((not still a dockyard, mind, and actually it's the old naval base)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Plenty of work for TMH Dave then!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

As I said, no bad thing then :-)

Mass Chav destruction!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Watford? I thought you were in Leeds or somewhere?

What services woild they be Geoff?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Not a roundabout, but there's the roundabout + flyover at Chelmsford that rumour had it was designed to enable the chief highways engineer to get to his home in Galleywood more easily. There didn't seem any other explanation for where it was and the fact it was single lane/tidal.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You mean a museum

still a danger - the invading armies could trip over the ropes

Reply to
geoff

pcbs and fans when they repair boilers

significantly more environmentally friendly than throwing them away, and much cheaper too

as in

excuse the interface, there's a problem ATM

Reply to
geoff

Full of discharged se(a)men?

:-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I didn't think that people south of Watford knew about Leeds or anything like that...

Reply to
Frank Erskine