Recs for a good vice?

Hi all,

So who makes a good quality 5-6" vice these days? Something abit cheaper than a £400 Record but better than the usual sub £100 rubbish?

Have looked at the Teng, and Sealey type stuff, but nothing is jumping out at me..

I would prefer not to have the swivel base (or a removable one) as they often will not lock securely.

TIA Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Wait for an auction of machinery and tools and get a really good one for peanuts.

Reply to
cynic

There are a few fairly serious ones on eBay at the moment... auctions end in about 3 hours for some though

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd recommend "old British" off ebay too.

Reply to
dom

No one, so get an old one (Record, Parkinson, Woden) for a tenner.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I thought as much really. :-(

Reply to
Tim..

With a subject header like that I thought that I was going to be able to answer all of your questions:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth