Recovering Dining Chairs

I have a set of dining chairs with removable seats. I was considering recovering them. Should be easy: pop out the seats and staple some new material on...

I then thought, hmm, what about covering the seat in leather instead of cloth. Must be harder wearing and much more sexy.

Has anyone tried this? was it a success? Where can I get some suitable leather from? What is suitable leather?

TIA Colin

Reply to
Colin

Drop in seats are easy. Any DIY upholstery book should explain the process. As padding, "chip foam" is about the easiest to work with.

Here's a simple box cushion I did in leather.

you're sewing it, it's pretty easy. - use a leather needle (triangular) - get it right first time - you can't unpick seams and re-sew (except by hand)

Andy Dingley

Rob Morley

Reply to
Yekal

too. I threw away a perfectly good bum-bag recently because I couldn't source a replacement buckle.

Phil The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at

NOSPAM from address to email me

Reply to
Phil Addison