Recommended front door treatments?

I've a door to repaint - 1930s house with typical oval-window door in modern hardwood (African brownwood kurtzii) No porch, moderate weather exposure in a city. It's a few years old now and the varnish is failing.

So what's your current favourite recommendation for an exterior varnish?

Thanks

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Sikkens

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Seconded, well worth downloading all the info on their site and getting their colour booklet (IIRC there's some extra info in there).

If the wood is oily like teak then careful prep may be needed such as a wipe with thinners before the first coat goes on. Also the colour is fine as is then best use a light shade.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

I use wirewool to prepare my front door and it works well.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap