Recommendations please for DIY Electric Screwdriver under £50

I am looking for a new Electric Screwdriver for less than £50 and where is te best place to get it. I am looking for one to replace my old B&D 9018 2.4V which has started to sound unhealthy. I was after one with a bit more grunt for general diy jobs without buying a pro job which would be over the top.

Reply to
John

I happened to notice that the gears in the 1.99 ones I got from homebase looked compatible with the sizes in the B&D one. I may be utterly wrong.

I bought ten of them, as it's the cheapest way of buying cheap motors with a gearbox.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

I bought my mother (1) an 14 volt drill / driver from B&Q a couple of weeks ago which cost all of £16.00. It works fine.

Julian Ashcroft

(1) She has just bought an old house with lots of small DIY jobs to do, lives alone and I'm about 200 miles away plus an 80 mile sea journey

Reply to
Julian Ashcroft