recomend a quiet air conditioner?

will probably located in hallway to cool all upstairs down. ta!

steve

Reply to
R P McMurphy

It will have to be something of a monster if it is to cool down the upstairs portion of your house while being situated on the ground floor.

You might be better off using the natural characteristics of cool air to your advantage rather than attempting to defy them. Consider sticking the beast in the loft and ducting the cool air to each bedroom. Any cool air which escapes, and it will, will go downstairs and help a little in keeping that cool as well. And get one that has a remote panel for the controls.

This way you will achieve your objective and more. In that during the day you can leave the beast running and open all the bedroom doors and the downstairs rooms will get the benefit.

As for quiet running. Well it's often a function of cost. The quietest types have all the gubbins mounted outside away from the building and just the blower unit in the room.

Reply to
gandalf

I have a quite one I bought from Wickes some time ago. Actually, I don't need it any more, so it's up for sale - Say $100 (it cost me over £300 new, and it works perfectly). I live in Poole, Dorset.

Alan

Reply to
Alan W

I have an ex restaurant wall mounted unit fitted on my landing wall, this cools the bedrooms and cool falls down stairs nicely to cool the ground floor, it is on almost continually at present, we sleep well, the hum of the fan is like white noise, you just don't hear it after a while. We are still wrapped up in duvets at night, lovely!!

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

As a matter of interest, have you seen an electricity bill yet? Just wondered whether this was costly to run?

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

I pay for my electrickery on a fixed monthly payment, but the supplier hasn't asked for an increase even though I've had my split system airconditioner for 10 months now and use it most days - heating in winter, cooling at the moment. It's an 'inverter' model which basically means the motor/compressor has an electronic speed control driven by a temperature sensor, so when there's little demand for cooling or heating it just runs slowly with a consequent saving in power consumption. It's very quiet too.

Unfortunately, it's only fitted in the office and doesn't cool upstairs .....

Reply to
Mike Faithfull