Reassembling old 2hp outboard motor - 3 qns, TIA.

Hello, I'm trying my hand at servicing an old 1988 Evinrude Junior 2hp motor, and have 3 questions:

a) Bi-metal corrosion occurs where stainless steel bolts go into an alloy casing. I saw some liquid in a chandlery to inhibit this effect, but it was very expensive. Does it really work? Is there a cheap alternative?

b) The impellor blades (that pump sea water around the cylinder) are neoprene. Should they be greased before reassembly?

d) What kind of grease should I use for the spiral starting chord return spring?

Thanks...

AL Deveron

Reply to
Al Deveron

AL,

I don't have the answers to your questions, but you may get your answers a lot quicker at --- uk.rec.boats.motor --- as it seems to be a lively newsgroup.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G